Thursday, April 14, 2011

Movers!

On the way home from the airport, Grandma happened to remember that Avery's VERY FAVORITE BAND from the TV show "Imagination Movers" was going to be playing at a local theater that afternoon. I called and got some tickets as a surprise and Pappa was kind enough to chauffeur his two ladies right to the front door of the theater. She was a happy and excited kid, even though she didn't know what was going to happen.....

...she even had on some new kicks for the show.

And then....right in front of our eyes, the Movers burst on the the stage and started playing. I was so exited! They were so good, and so loud and the lights were so bright.....

....and then I realized that I hadn't prepared Avery at all for what was going to happen, and she had no concept of what a "concert" was going to be like. Not to mention that the 12 inch tall characters from her favorite show were suddenly in front of her and six feet tall and handing out "high fives" to the audience. I looked down, and this is what she was doing:

She clung to me, petrified, for a good 60 minutes. I danced, I cajoled, I sang along. And she clung and held her hands over her ears. At one point she yelled "they're not this loud on my TV"!! Luckily, just near the end, she for some reason uncovered her ears and started dancing like a maniac. Then confetti came down, and she looked like she was having the time of her life. In the end, it was a great concert and she is still talking about "high-fiving" Mover Scott.