Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zoo!

When their mom had an unexpected day off of work, Avery & Cooper threw on their fleeces and headed out for a zoo adventure. We had such a beautiful day, and the animals were all out enjoying the cool breezy weather too. Avery seemed to really take her time and see each animal, and Cooper was particularly impressed with....everything! He "ooooo"'d and "aaaaaahhhhh"'d the whole way through the zoo. At one point he actually shouted "Oh. My. Gosh!", which I didn't even know he could say! And then we got to the tank of the giant snapping turtle. Cooper scrambled up to peer in through the glass of the tank - and the turtle turned and opened his mouth to have his snack. Unhinged his huge jaw and held his tongue out to eat Cooper. Cooper leapt back into my arms, screaming "Bite Me!!!!!" and the whole reptile house burst into laughter. I have to admit, Avery and I laughed the hardest.